Restoring Your Commercial Property
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at Lowell commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need. When you need your business restored rapidly SERVPRO of Lowell is ready to make that happen. We’re faster to any size disaster.
Call us today 978-454-7577
Locally owned Nationally known restoration company
About SERVPRO of Lowell we’re your locally owned nationally known restoration contractor.
SERVPRO of Lowell specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial property after fire damage. Your call will be answered LIVE by one of our project managers who can be on site within 1 hour conducting a walk through and create an action plan. Our teams of professionals are highly trained in property damage restoration through initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility. They are also IICRC certified. A governing agent in the restoration industry; rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. When disaster strikes; contact your single source provider ready to assist in reducing business interruption. SERVPRO of Lowell will make it “Like it never even happened.”
Call today 978-454-7577
Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold.
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your property.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your property. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your property.
Contact SERVPRO of Lowell for mold remediation services. While you awaiting SERVPRO’s inspection.
Here’s a couple of ways to make it safe.
- Stay out/reduce of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Lowell specializes in mold cleanup and restoration; in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our team of highly trained restoration professionals utilizes specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem effectively and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 978-454-7577
Does Your Lowell property have a mold problem?
Within 48 hours Mold can spread throughout your property.
Mold remediation reduces spore counts back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water or high humidity. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your property has a mold problem, one of our project managers can conduct a site inspection to assess your property. Our specialized training, equipment, and expertise will properly remediate your mold infestation.
When You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – SERVPRO of Lowell 978-454-757
Local Fire Clean up
Lingering Hidden smoke/soot odor
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your property, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action. As seen in this photo the Drywall was opened to expose the smoke and soot damage in the wall cavity. Contact your locally owned nationally known restoration company SERVPRO of Lowell
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Lowell will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your tenants with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Us Today – SERVPRO of Lowell 978-454-7577
We'll make it "Like it never even happened."
Ready Set Go!
On the Move!
SERVPRO of Lowell provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Lowell. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 978-454-7577
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Lowell commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we are the professional team ready to respond promptly to get your property back to business.
You Know who to Call SERVPRO of Lowell!
One of the greatest assets to our arsenal of inspection tools is the Flir thermal camera.
During the initial loss inspection we utilize the Flir thermal imaging camera to identify the amount of damage to the plaster board. Since we’re able to quickly identify the amount of water wicking in the plaster board we can reduce amount of demolition required to the affected walls. (Asbestos testing is required prior to removal of the affected materials under Mass DEP asbestos regulations at 310 CMR 7.15).Reducing the amount of demolition also reduces the cost of the repairs which allows the business to return normal operating hours sooner.
Our image shows a water line approx. 6’’ above the floor. This water is contaminated (a sewer damage) the wall will was removed 2’ above the floor.
If you’re in need our emergency services want to reduce the Business Interruption contact SERVPRO of Lowell 978-454-7577
Are the conditions right for mold? Call SERVPRO of Lowell to find out.
SERVPRO of Lowell knows how to proceed if mold grows in your property.
There are approximately 1 million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have actually been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause health effects for some people.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Mold growth can occur in any property, so it’s important to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Any water leaks, damp basements, whole house humidifiers to name a few examples of issues that make a property prime target for mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your property, call SERVPRO of Lowell to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your home or business.
If you suspect mold, call us today at 978-454-7577
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7 – SERVPRO of Lowell
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
SERVPRO of Lowell specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial property after a water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration.
Ready to Help! Call SERVPRO of Lowell 978-454-7577
The potential for mold growth exist in every property
Moldy Building materials and contents should be removed from property.
Mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause health effects for some people.
Mold growth can occur in any property, so it’s important to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Wet or damaged contents, roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, high humidity, leaking water pipes or condensation from ducts are just a few examples of issues that make a property a target for mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Lowell to assess the situation. Our team of professionals will effectively remediate mold in your home or business.
If you suspect mold, call us today at 978-454-7577. You will be connected to a qualified team member ready to assist remediation your property.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Lowell for remediation services.