Summer Fire Prevention
Summer Fire Safety from SERVPRO of Lowell;
Memorial Day is around the corner summer is in the air, grilling and fire pit season is underway!
Lighting that grill or smoker is a dream. As we all look forward to that warm weather please take a moment review these important tips to keep you safe during this grilling season!
SERVPRO of Lowell 978-454-7577 is available 24/7/365 for all of your restoration needs.
You can call one of our team members for assistance.
- Keep a 3 foot clearance on all sides of the grill (that means keep kids and pets clear too!)
- Do not use the grill near the house, siding, railings, or any overhangs
- Do not use under trees or shrubbery.
- Periodically clean the grill and its grease traps to prevent grease fires.
- If using coals, make sure they are completely cool before disposing of in a metal container.
- Before starting the fire, make sure the lid can fit and cover the inside fire in case of emergency
- Keep the fire pit well away from flammable materials and fluids
- Do not burn trash, leaves, paper or cardboard that could spark or send hot particles through the air.
Other safety reminders:
- Do not leave grills or fire pits unattended
- Always keep a fire extinguisher on hand
Always stay safe with any summer activities.