Recent General Posts
5 Benefits of Duct Cleaning
Typical Residential Heating/Cooling System
5 Benefits Of Air Duct Cleaning You Should Know:
- Air Duct Cleaning Improves Indoor Air Quality:
Contaminants, pollutants, allergens, and mold tend to settle along air vents and ductwork as they are transported through the ventilation system and air ducts. Even though most ductwork systems have air filters as well, not all these contaminants may be contained by the filters. Regular cleaning of air ducts has been seen to improve indoor quality as it improves airflow and reduces the amount of debris within the ductwork that could be transported into indoor environments through the air.
- Air Duct Cleaning Reduces Air Pollution Hazards and Promote Indoor Health:
Kitchen fumes, tobacco smoke, radon, and mold are some of the most common indoor pollutants, which can intensify the more when combined with higher humidity. Dust particles, mold spores, viruses, and allergens carried through the air from the air ducts can make the matter even worse. By cleaning your home’s air ducts, you actually reduce the chances of indoor pollution by a great degree and promote health, since the duct cleaning process gets rid of most pollutants and contaminants, thus making the air breathed fresher and less contaminated with allergens.
- Increases Indoor Comfort:
Clogged or dirty air ducts can affect your HVAC system’s performance. However, air duct cleaning gets rid of clogged debris and improves air flow, which can actually increase the effectiveness of the system. Consequently, this increases indoor comfort as far as heating, cooling, and air conditioning is concerned.
- Can Reduce Air Conditioning Costs:
- As the ducts are cleaned and less clogged, the heating and air conditioning system will struggle less to deliver the desired temperatures inside your home. This could mean less consumption of energy, especially since airflow is improved during the air duct cleaning process. in other words, ductwork cleaning can boost energy efficiency, improve [performance, and reduce conditioning costs since the lesser you HVAC unit struggles, the less likely it is to break down, which also means lower HVAC repair costs during its lifetime.
- Boosts the Longevity of Your HVAC System:There are various signs that can help determine if it’s time to get air duct cleaning service according to NADCA. which recommends that the process should be more frequent for people with pets at home, smoke indoors, or have a family member with seasonal allergy problems.
- When a heating and cooling system experiences a problem in terms of air flow, it tends work harder in order to perform as it is required or deliver the preferred temperature conditions. This obviously has an effect on its functionality and durability as the rate of wear and tear is increased. One of the technicians I spoke with at a company that provides air duct cleaning service in Denver confirmed that a thorough duct cleaning can improve an HVAC system’s life expectancy since it helps restore smooth airflow through the HVAC system, and reduces the stress load on the heating and air conditioning equipment.
When disaster strikes call SERVPRO of Lowell a trusted IICRC certified firm for you’re cleaning and restoration needs.
2018 IICRC Firm Certification
SERVPRO of Lowell is an IICRC firm. The Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC) create the standards for the restoration industry and provide training and certification to restoration companies. IICRC Certified Firms have the right to display the IICRC Certified Logo.
IICRC Certified Firms must
- Present accurate information to consumers and conduct business with honesty and integrity.
- Require a technician on all jobs who has been formally trained and passed all required tests.
- Require a continuing education program to keep technicians up-to-date on the latest changes in the industry.
- Maintain liability insurance to protect all parties in the event of an accident.
- Maintain a written complaint policy and agree to Better Business Bureau or similar arbitration to resolve disputes, and accept the conclusions and recommendations of arbitration.
The IICRC Develops the Standards for The Restoration Industry
The IICRC has been the driving force in establishing the main industry standards and reference guides for professional carpet cleaning, water damage restoration and mold remediation. These IICRC standards take years to develop and require the coordination of experts in the field: manufacturers, industry organizations, insurance professionals, training schools, contractors, and public health professionals.
Every five years, the standards are reviewed and updated. The water damage restoration field changes rapidly with advancements in technology and science, and therefore the standards must evolve to keep pace.
About SERVPRO of Lowell
SERVPRO of Lowell specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration and we are an IICRC Certified Firm. We believe in continuous training: from initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
For Immediate Service in Lowell, call SERVPRO
Lowell Residents: We provide immediate service day or night!
SERVPRO of Lowell provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Lowell. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 –
Whether your Lowell home needs emergency flood damage or your upholstery cleaned, you can depend on us. Our technicians have extensive cleaning and restoration training and can make your property look its best. Learn more about our residential services:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Fire Damage Restoration
- Mold Remediation
- Storm Damage Restoration
- Cleaning Services
- Building/Reconstruction Services
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Lowell commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we have the training and expertise to respond promptly with highly trained technicians to get your property back to business. Learn more about our commercial services: http://www.SERVPROlowell.com/commercial-cleaning
- Commercial Water Damage Restoration
- Commercial Fire Damage Restoration
Why should you get your ducts cleaned?
Getting your ducts properly cleaned is important. Don't wait until it's too late!
Why Clean Air Ducts?
Answer: Because they get dirty!
In addition to normal accumulations of dust and dirt found in all homes with air ducts, there are several other factors that can increase the need for regular HVAC system cleaning:
- occupants with allergies or asthma
- cigarette or cigar smoke
- water contamination or damage to the home or HVAC system
- home renovation or remodeling projects
Some occupants are more sensitive to these contaminants than others. Allergy and asthma sufferers, as well as young children and the elderly tend to be more susceptible to the types of poor indoor air quality that air duct cleaning can help address.
Top Benefits of HVAC Cleaning
NADCA’s rule of thumb for consumers is that “if your air ducts look dirty, they probably are,” and that dirty HVAC systems should be inspected by a reputable, certified HVAC professional. Below are some other reasons homeowners choose to have their air ducts cleaned.
Indoor Air Quality
Indoor air quality is one concern that homeowners have when they decide to investigate air duct cleaning. In a typical six-room home, up to 40 pounds of dust is created annually through everyday living. Your heating and cooling system is the lungs of your home. The system taken air in and breathes air out.
Through normal occupation in a home, we generate a great deal of contaminants and air pollutants, such as dander, dust, and chemicals. These contaminants are pulled into the HVAC system and re-circulated 5 to 7 times per day, on average. Over time, this re-circulation causes a build-up of contaminants in the duct work.
While dirty ducts don’t necessarily mean unhealthy air in your home, school or workplace, they may be contributing to larger health issues or harboring contaminants that could cause serious problems for people with respiratory health conditions, autoimmune disorders or some environmental allergies.
According to the U.S. Department of Energy, 25 to 40 percent of the energy used for heating or cooling a home is wasted. Contaminants in the heating and cooling system cause it to work harder and shorten the life of your system. Although filters are used, the heating and cooling system still gets dirty through normal use.
When an HVAC system is clean, it doesn’t have to work as hard to maintain the temperature you desire. As a result, less energy is used, leading to improved cost-effectiveness.
We are more than just water and fire damage
"Like it never even happened"
Bloodborne PathogensSERVPRO(R) Franchise Professionals remove and dispose of bodily fluids, tissue and other potentially pathogenic substances resulting from accident, trauma, crime or death. Trained SERVPRO(R) Franchise Technicians thoroughly clean, disinfect and deodorize the structureMethamphetamine LabsMany of the chemicals used in the product of illegal drugs such as methamphetamine are volatile and can leave harmful residues throughout a structure. SERVPRO(R) Franchise Professionals follow federal and state guidelines to properly clean all surfacesCrime Scene ResidueFrom fingerprint powder and evidence-gathering chemicals to tear gas and pepper spray residues, SERVPRO(R) Franchise Professionals can clean and restore your property and contents.Arson and VandalismSERVPRO(R) Franchise Professionals are recognized as leaders at helping property owners recover quickly from fire and water damage. Your local Franchise Professional also provides general cleaning and deodorization services for situations resulting from vandalism including graffiti, egg, spoiled foods and human or animal waste.Sewage backupSewage backups and black water intrusions are more than nasty, smelly deposits – these damages also introduce harmful microorganisms into a structure. SERVPRO(R) Franchise Professionals remove the sewage, contaminants and moisture, disinfecting as they clean. SERVPRO(R) Franchise Professionals help ensure the structure is properly cleaned, disinfected and deodorized