Recent Mold Remediation Posts
Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold.
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your property.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your property. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your property.
Contact SERVPRO of Lowell for mold remediation services. While you awaiting SERVPRO’s inspection.
Here’s a couple of ways to make it safe.
- Stay out/reduce of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Lowell specializes in mold cleanup and restoration; in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our team of highly trained restoration professionals utilizes specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem effectively and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 978-454-7577
Does Your Lowell property have a mold problem?
Within 48 hours Mold can spread throughout your property.
Mold remediation reduces spore counts back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water or high humidity. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your property has a mold problem, one of our project managers can conduct a site inspection to assess your property. Our specialized training, equipment, and expertise will properly remediate your mold infestation.
When You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – SERVPRO of Lowell 978-454-757
Are the conditions right for mold? Call SERVPRO of Lowell to find out.
SERVPRO of Lowell knows how to proceed if mold grows in your property.
There are approximately 1 million types of mold exist, yet less than 10 percent have actually been named. This means mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause health effects for some people.
If the right conditions exist, mold will grow. Those conditions include:
- Water - Different mold types require varying amounts of liquid before growth begins.
- Temperature - Normal indoor temperatures will promote mold growth.
- Time - Initial mold colonizers can take hold within one day after being exposed to an adequate water supply.
Mold growth can occur in any property, so it’s important to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Any water leaks, damp basements, whole house humidifiers to name a few examples of issues that make a property prime target for mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your property, call SERVPRO of Lowell to assess the situation. We have the knowledge, tools and track record to effectively remediate mold in your home or business.
If you suspect mold, call us today at 978-454-7577
The potential for mold growth exist in every property
Moldy Building materials and contents should be removed from property.
Mold is very common in both indoor and outdoor environments. While mold and humans can sometimes co-exist without issue, there are certain species of mold that can cause health effects for some people.
Mold growth can occur in any property, so it’s important to keep an eye out for situations that might promote mold activity. Wet or damaged contents, roof/chimney leaks, wet basements, high humidity, leaking water pipes or condensation from ducts are just a few examples of issues that make a property a target for mold growth.
If you suspect mold in your home, call SERVPRO of Lowell to assess the situation. Our team of professionals will effectively remediate mold in your home or business.
If you suspect mold, call us today at 978-454-7577. You will be connected to a qualified team member ready to assist remediation your property.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Lowell for remediation services.