5 Benefits of Duct Cleaning
Typical Residential Heating/Cooling System
5 Benefits Of Air Duct Cleaning You Should Know:
- Air Duct Cleaning Improves Indoor Air Quality:
Contaminants, pollutants, allergens, and mold tend to settle along air vents and ductwork as they are transported through the ventilation system and air ducts. Even though most ductwork systems have air filters as well, not all these contaminants may be contained by the filters. Regular cleaning of air ducts has been seen to improve indoor quality as it improves airflow and reduces the amount of debris within the ductwork that could be transported into indoor environments through the air.
- Air Duct Cleaning Reduces Air Pollution Hazards and Promote Indoor Health:
Kitchen fumes, tobacco smoke, radon, and mold are some of the most common indoor pollutants, which can intensify the more when combined with higher humidity. Dust particles, mold spores, viruses, and allergens carried through the air from the air ducts can make the matter even worse. By cleaning your home’s air ducts, you actually reduce the chances of indoor pollution by a great degree and promote health, since the duct cleaning process gets rid of most pollutants and contaminants, thus making the air breathed fresher and less contaminated with allergens.
- Increases Indoor Comfort:
Clogged or dirty air ducts can affect your HVAC system’s performance. However, air duct cleaning gets rid of clogged debris and improves air flow, which can actually increase the effectiveness of the system. Consequently, this increases indoor comfort as far as heating, cooling, and air conditioning is concerned.
- Can Reduce Air Conditioning Costs:
- As the ducts are cleaned and less clogged, the heating and air conditioning system will struggle less to deliver the desired temperatures inside your home. This could mean less consumption of energy, especially since airflow is improved during the air duct cleaning process. in other words, ductwork cleaning can boost energy efficiency, improve [performance, and reduce conditioning costs since the lesser you HVAC unit struggles, the less likely it is to break down, which also means lower HVAC repair costs during its lifetime.
- Boosts the Longevity of Your HVAC System:There are various signs that can help determine if it’s time to get air duct cleaning service according to NADCA. which recommends that the process should be more frequent for people with pets at home, smoke indoors, or have a family member with seasonal allergy problems.
- When a heating and cooling system experiences a problem in terms of air flow, it tends work harder in order to perform as it is required or deliver the preferred temperature conditions. This obviously has an effect on its functionality and durability as the rate of wear and tear is increased. One of the technicians I spoke with at a company that provides air duct cleaning service in Denver confirmed that a thorough duct cleaning can improve an HVAC system’s life expectancy since it helps restore smooth airflow through the HVAC system, and reduces the stress load on the heating and air conditioning equipment.
Day Light Saving Time Nov 4, 2018
It's time to Turn back time!
SERVPRO of Lowell reminds you to turn back your clocks on Nov. 4 , 2018 and take notice to the following;
- Check and replace the batteries in your smoke and carbon monoxide (CO) alarms. Ensure they are working properly and replace the batteries. As the cold sets in and many start up their gas-fired furnaces, fireplaces, portable unit heaters and the like for the first time, carbon monoxide poisoning risks increase dramatically during this time of year. Replace any smoke alarm unit that is older than 10 years. Replace any CO alarm unit that is older than 5 years.
- Prepare a winter emergency kit for your automobile. Such kits can be a lifesaver if you are stuck out in bad weather while driving. They should include items such as: warm clothes, blanket, flashlight, batteries, water, non-perishable snacks, shovel, flares, reflective hazard triangle, jumper cables, cat litter or sand for traction, ski hat and gloves.
- Check to see if your fire extinguishers need recharging. Check the small gauge at the top of the extinguisher. If the needle in that gauge is in the green, chances are, the extinguisher is okay. If it is in the red, you need to have the extinguisher replaced or recharged.
Most common causes of commercial fires and how to safeguard against them: 1. Cooking Cooking is the most common cause of both residential and commercial fires. In the commercial arena, we tend to associate cooking fires with restaurants, but the problem extends to office kitchens as well. Treat all kitchens the same, wherever they are. All kitchen should have a smoke detector, a well-conditioned fire extinguisher and strict safety protocols, including no unmanned appliances. 2. Electrical When it comes to electrical fires, the problem is twofold: user error and electrical system malfunctions. In the realm of user error, the big issues are frayed power cords, misused extension cords and overloaded and daisy-chained surge protectors. When it comes to a system malfunction, the biggest problem is faulty wiring, which is why it’s essential that all commercial buildings have their electrical systems regularly serviced by a professional. 3. Heating Fires caused by heating are similar to those caused by electrical factors in that they’re caused by both user error and system malfunction. The most common form of user error is misuse of space heaters. Commercial spaces often have cold spots, and space heaters are a great way to alleviate that. Space heaters are also quite dangerous if users don’t respect a three-foot or greater safety zone around the unit. As for system malfunctions, fires often occur due to dust buildup and ventilation blockage, so be sure to have your heating system checked regularly. 4. Arson Arson is much more common than you might realize. Although it often occurs at abandoned commercial structures, arson fires that occur at occupied buildings can be devastating. In addition to monitored fire detection and fire suppression measures, security cameras are an essential defense. 5. Smoking Smoking was once a leading cause of commercial fires. Even in smoke-free buildings however, cigarettes can and do lead to fire. Prevention starts with commercial alarm monitoring, but it also requires proper receptacles and fire-retardant furniture. 6. Combustibles Most commercial buildings, including basic offices, must have combustible materials on hand. The real danger with such materials comes when they’re stored improperly, and this is a common occurrence because the materials are often being managed by people who aren’t trained in proper use. Therefore, it’s crucial to have safe storage space available, but it’s also essential that the business trains employees in the use of such materials and continues to refresh that education. Commercial Safety When it comes to fire and other risks to a commercial enterprise, it’s best to be proactive. Contact a security company that specializes in commercial security systems. They can help you identify risk factors in your place of business and make recommendations to help protect your enterprise against fire-related catastrophes.
When damage strikes call on your local hero's at SERVPRO of Lowell
24/7/365 You’ll be connected immediately a team members ready to assist you.
Restoring Your Commercial Property
Commercial Water Damage Events Present Unique Challenges
Flooding and water damage events at Lowell commercial properties are often complex with numerous issues that require a knowledgeable and flexible response. Whether we’re dealing with a relatively small water cleanup scenario or a large scale event, we work quickly to assess each unique situation and isolate the damaged area. In many instances, normal operations can continue in a temporary space while we restore your facility.
Restoring Commercial Properties Presents Unique Challenges
Our professionals are trained to be mindful of legal and environmental concerns and strive to fully restore the damaged area while working within your budgetary constraints. We understand that every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when an emergency situation arises in your business, give us a call and we’ll be there fast with the help you need. When you need your business restored rapidly SERVPRO of Lowell is ready to make that happen. We’re faster to any size disaster.
Call us today 978-454-7577
Locally owned Nationally known restoration company
About SERVPRO of Lowell we’re your locally owned nationally known restoration contractor.
SERVPRO of Lowell specializes in the cleanup and restoration of commercial property after fire damage. Your call will be answered LIVE by one of our project managers who can be on site within 1 hour conducting a walk through and create an action plan. Our teams of professionals are highly trained in property damage restoration through initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility. They are also IICRC certified. A governing agent in the restoration industry; rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property. When disaster strikes; contact your single source provider ready to assist in reducing business interruption. SERVPRO of Lowell will make it “Like it never even happened.”
Call today 978-454-7577
Follow These Mold Safety Tips If You Suspect Mold.
Be careful! Without proper training, you could be spreading mold throughout your property.
If you see visible mold, do not disturb it. You can inadvertently spread the mold infestation throughout your property. When mold is disturbed, the mold can release microscopic mold spores which become airborne and can circulate inside your property.
Contact SERVPRO of Lowell for mold remediation services. While you awaiting SERVPRO’s inspection.
Here’s a couple of ways to make it safe.
- Stay out/reduce of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
About Our Mold Remediation Services
SERVPRO of Lowell specializes in mold cleanup and restoration; in fact, it’s a cornerstone of our business. Our team of highly trained restoration professionals utilizes specialized equipment and techniques to properly remediate your mold problem effectively and safely.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – 978-454-7577
Does Your Lowell property have a mold problem?
Within 48 hours Mold can spread throughout your property.
Mold remediation reduces spore counts back to its natural or baseline level. Some restoration businesses advertise “mold removal” and even guarantee to remove mold, which is a fallacy. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water or high humidity. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your property has a mold problem, one of our project managers can conduct a site inspection to assess your property. Our specialized training, equipment, and expertise will properly remediate your mold infestation.
When You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – SERVPRO of Lowell 978-454-757
Local Fire Clean up
Lingering Hidden smoke/soot odor
Smoke and soot is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your property, causing hidden damage and odor. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action. As seen in this photo the Drywall was opened to expose the smoke and soot damage in the wall cavity. Contact your locally owned nationally known restoration company SERVPRO of Lowell
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Different Types of Smoke
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Lowell will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your tenants with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage? Call Us Today – SERVPRO of Lowell 978-454-7577
We'll make it "Like it never even happened."
Ready Set Go!
On the Move!
SERVPRO of Lowell provides 24-hour emergency service and is dedicated to being faster to any-sized disaster in Lowell. We can respond immediately to your emergency and have the expertise to handle your restoration or cleaning needs.
- 24-Hour Emergency Service
- Faster to Any-Sized Disaster
- Highly Trained Restoration Technicians
- A Trusted Leader in the Restoration Industry
- Locally Owned and Operated
- Advanced Restoration and Cleaning Equipment
Have Questions? Call Us 24/7 – 978-454-7577
There's never a convenient time for fire or Water damage to strike your Lowell commercial property. Every hour spent cleaning up is an hour of lost revenue and productivity. So when the need arises for professional cleaning or emergency restoration services we are the professional team ready to respond promptly to get your property back to business.
You Know who to Call SERVPRO of Lowell!
One of the greatest assets to our arsenal of inspection tools is the Flir thermal camera.
During the initial loss inspection we utilize the Flir thermal imaging camera to identify the amount of damage to the plaster board. Since we’re able to quickly identify the amount of water wicking in the plaster board we can reduce amount of demolition required to the affected walls. (Asbestos testing is required prior to removal of the affected materials under Mass DEP asbestos regulations at 310 CMR 7.15).Reducing the amount of demolition also reduces the cost of the repairs which allows the business to return normal operating hours sooner.
Our image shows a water line approx. 6’’ above the floor. This water is contaminated (a sewer damage) the wall will was removed 2’ above the floor.
If you’re in need our emergency services want to reduce the Business Interruption contact SERVPRO of Lowell 978-454-7577